A very delicious Indo- Chinese recipe, deep fried cauliflower florets in a sweet and sour sauce.
- Cauliflower florets – 300 gms
- Onion chopped – 1 medium
- Tomato chopped – 1 small
- Capsicum green chopped – 1 small
- Green chilly split – 2
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger paste – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – ¾ tsp
- Asafetida ( Hing) – ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
- Schezuan paste – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tb spoons
- Oil – for frying
- Salt – to taste
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted water, with ¼ tsp of turmeric powder over medium fire for 4-5 minutes. After boiling drain off water.
- Mix ingredients 6,7, 8 ,9 and some salt, add florets and mix well without breaking the florets. If you want, you can sprinkle some water to mix.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadai and deep-fry the florets till golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of the remaining oil into a pan, fry 2,3,4 & 5 ingredient for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried cauliflower, toss gently, add schezuan sauce, tomato sauce, soya sauce, salt, mix well and cook on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped coriander leaves / spring onion greens