For cashew-almond paste:
- Cashew nuts – 5 – 6
- Almonds – 5 -6
- Warm water – 3-4 tbspoon
For onion paste:
- Onion sliced – 1 medium
- Ginger – inch piece
- Green chili – 1
- Garlic – 4nos
- Water – ¼ cup
For marinating chicken
- Chicken – 200 gms
- Chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- chili powder – ¼ – ½ tsp ( depends on taste )
- coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- turmeric powder – a pinch
- garam masala powder – ¼ tsp ( cardamom, cloves, cinnamon )
- Fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) washed & chopped – 1 cup- 100 gms
- Salt – to taste
- Water – ½ cup or as required
- Cream – 2 tb spoon
- Soak almonds and cashews in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Grind to a soft past & keep aside.
- Fry onion, garlic, ginger , green chili in 1 tbspoon oil, till soft – grind to a paste and keep aside.
- Add I tbspoon oil into the same pan, spread chicken pieces and shallow fry till chicken is cooked and soft.
- Add chopped methi leaves to the chicken, mix well on low fire, till leaves cook & shrink.
- Add chilly, coriander and turmeric powder & enough salt fry for a few more minutes.
- Add onion paste fry again, add some water cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Once oil comes out, gravy is thick , add cashew paste, bit more water, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Off the fire add cream, coriander leaves mix well.
- Ready to serve with chapathi.