- Rava ( sooji / semolina ) – 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Urad Dal (optional) – ¼ tsp
- Onion finely chopped – 1medium
- Ginger grated – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – afew
- Green chilly finely chopped – 3 nos
- Carrot grated – 1 medium
- Beans finely chopped – 2 tbspoons ( can use green peas )
- Cashew nuts – 4-5 ( optional)
- Oil / ghee
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Fry Rava in a pan / kadai, until it turns very light brown (you can feel that rava becomes weight less while stirring) do not use any oil.
- Heat pan again, add 1 tb spoon oil + 1 tb spoon ghee ( you may use either 2 tbsp oil or 2 tbsp ghee also )
- Sputter mustard & urad dal in the oil.
- Add to it onion, green chili, curry leaves, ginger & cashew nuts – sauté for a few minutes, till you get the aroma of ginger, and onion turns slight brown.
- Add all the vegetables, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 2 and half cup of water & salt (taste of salt should be slightly high, not just for the vegetables, should be enough for the semolina also), cover the pan, cook the vegetable for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted rava, mix well, once it becomes thick, off the fire, add lemon juice, keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Serve it with tea for breakfast or in the evening.