- Cabbage nicely chopped – 300 gms
- Carrot chopped – 100gms
- Onion chopped – 1 small ( instead, you may use 4-5 shallots chopped for better taste)
- Green chilly finely chopped – 2- 3
- Red chili – 2 ( optional )
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Cumin ( jeera ) – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Broken Urad dal – ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Coconut – 2 tbspoon
- Crush coconut with cumin. Keep aside.
- Mix well cabbage, carrot, onion, green chili, curry leaves salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, let them splutter.
- In to this, add the mixed ingredients ( instruction 2 ) , mix well, keep all of them together, sprinkle some water ( if needed ) cover and cook on slow flame. Stir occasionally to make sure nothing stick to the bottom.
- Once cooked, add crushed coconut to this, mix very well, and keep on slow flame by stirring continuously until it becomes dry.
- Serve with fulka, roti or rice.