- Cheera ( red Spinach ) wash& nicely chopped – I bunch
- Onion chopped – 1 small ( instead, you may use 4-5 shallots chopped for better taste)
- Green chili – 2
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Cumin ( Jeera) – a pinch
- shallots – 3
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Broken Urad dal – ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Coconut – 3 tbspoon
- Crush coconut with green chili, curry leaves, shallots and cumin. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, dal, let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion, stir well until onion turns soft and slight brown.
- Add chopped spinach, turmeric powder and salt (less salt – spinach shrink into ¼ on cooking ) sauté well, keep together, close with a lid and cook on low flame. Stir occasionally, It will take 5- 6 minutes to cook. ( do not add water )
- Add crushed coconut, mix well, keep it on low flame for 5 more minutes by stirring continuously. Adjust salt.
Serve with fulka or rice