- Tender Jack fruit /Idichakka : 1 small
- Garlic : 3-4 pods
- Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilies : 2-3
- Small onion /Shallots : 4-5
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Dry red chilly : 2 broken into 2 pieces
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves : 2 sprig
- Coconut oil : 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the jackfruit in to small pieces and de-skin them, (you must apply oil to your hand & to the knife before cutting, so it will not get sticky).
- Pressure cook the cleaned jackfruit with little water, salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder for 1 whistle or cook covered in a pan till soft : Do not overcook the pieces
- Shred the cooked jackfruit piece by pounding them using a pestle or using a food processor or mixer ( I used a grater)
- Combine grated coconut, shallots, green chilies, garlic, cumin seeds, some curry leaves and grind it coarsely.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add dry chilly pieces, splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Now add shredded jack fruit into it, cover and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame .
- Add ground coconut mixture into this, keep the fire to the minimum, stir well, adjust salt. Sauté in low flame till the mixture is completely dry.
Serve with hot steamed rice!