Achinga and Chena Mezhukkupuratti
- Chena/Suran (Elephant Foot Yam) – 200gms, cut into small cubes
- Achinga Payar ( long beans ) – 200 gms, cut into ½ inch length
- Onion chopped – 2 tbspoon ( for better taste, use small onion/ shallots chopped)
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Cook the cleaned yam pieces, long beans with chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and with enough water till it’s tender & no more water remains in the pan.( Make sure you don’t overcook them)
- Fry chopped onions and curry leaves in oil till onions turn brown and leaves crispy
- Add fried items to the pan with yam, continue to cook on low flame for 5-10 mins, stirring in between carefully till it is roasted and dry. Remove from fire.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.