- Tomato cubed – 2 medium,
- Tamarind (valanpuli ) – small lemon size, soaked in ¼ cup water- discar the fibre.
- Black pepper crushed – 10
- Chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic crushed – 6 cloves
- Cumin ( Jeera) crushed – ½ tsp
- Kayam (asafoteida) – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cook tomatoes very well with ingredients 2-10 and with enough water,
- Heat oil and splutter mustard, add curry leaves fry for a minute till they become crispy, off the fire add coriander leaves.
- Add these fried ingredients to the tomato gravy. Boil again adjust the taste of salt.
- Serve with rice / Can drink just like soup- good for digestion.