- Padavalanga ( snake gourd) nicely chopped – 200 gms
- Carrot chopped – 100 gms
- Onion chopped – 1 small ( instead, you may use 4-5 shallots chopped for better taste)
- Green chilly thinly chopped – 2- 3
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Cumin ( Jeera) – a pinch
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly cut into pieces – 1 ( optional )
- Coconut grated – 2 tbspoon
- Heat oil in a pan, sputter mustard seeds, add cumin, red chilly fry for a minute.
- Add chopped onion stir well, add green chili, curry leaves and fry for 2- 3 minutes .
- Add chopped snake gourd, carrot, turmeric powder and salt – mix well – keep all of them together using the spatula – cover and cook on low flame- Stir occasionally, if it sticks to the bottom, sprinkle some more water in between. It will take 5- 6 minutes to cook, It may vary, depends on the size of the chopped vegetables.
- Add freshly grated crushes coconut, mix very well – keep for 2-3 minutes more by stirring continuously, while on the fire.
- Serve with roti or rice.