- Tapioca peeled & cubed – 800 gms
- Onion chopped – 2
- Garlic chopped of – 3 cloves
- Ginger chopped of– 1” piece
- Thin coconut milk- 1 cup ( fresh or add 1 tbsp coconut milk powder in a cup of warm water )
- Thick coconut milk – ½ cup (fresh or add 1 tbsp coconut milk powder in less than 1/2 cup of warm water)
- Curry leaves
- Coconut oil ( any vegetable oil )
- salt to taste
- In a deep pan, pour enough water and tapioca cubes – pieces must immerse in water. Allow to boil, till tapioca becomes soft ( 15- 20 minutes), remove from fire and drain water.
- In a pan, heat oil, add chopped onion, ginger, garlic & curry leaves, fry till onion become soft.
- Add cooked tapioca, salt, I cup of water & thin coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes in low flame, by stirring in between.
- When the gravy thickens, add thick coconut milk, wait for 1 boil, off the fire. Add some fresh curry leaves and mix well. Cover and allow the aroma to seep in.
- Can be served with appam, roti or with bread.