- Boiled eggs – 6
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Onion chopped – 4 medium
- green chilies split – 2
- tomato sauce – 1 tsp ( optional)
- coconut milk powder – 2 tbsp ( you may use fresh coconut milk of half coconut)
- Chili powder -½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Meat masala powder – ½ tsp or ¼ tsp garam malsala powder
- Few curry leaves
- Salt as needed
- Add eggs to a pot along with enough water to immerse them. Bring them to boil on a medium flame. Keep for 15 minutes to boil. Switch off the stove. Keep eggs in cold water for 10 minutes, remove the shells and discard. With a knife cut the egg length wise and keep them aside.
Making egg curry
- Soak powdered ingredients 7, 8 9 & 10 in ¼ cup water, keep aside.
- Mix coconut milk powder in a cup of hot water, make thick milk. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions, green chili, curry leaves and salt till the onions become golden brown.
- Add soaked ingredients 7 – 10 into the pan, sauté for a minute till the raw smell leaves
- Add ½ cup water, 1 tsp of tomato sauce , boil again in low flame, till the onions become soft and gravy thickens to almost a semi dry paste.
- Again add 3/4 cup of water to the paste, let it boil, add egg pieces slowly. Boil for a minute, simmer the fire add coconut milk, adjust the taste of salt, off the fire.
Transfer the curry to a serving bowl, garnish with a few fresh curry leaves. Serve with roti, rice, puttu, appam.