- Fresh king fish – 500gms (cleaned and cut into medium pieces)
- Fresh coconut – 1/2 (grated)
- Onion / Shallots chopped – 3tb spoon
- Chili powder – 2 tsp (may add more or less depends on taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Green mango cut into pieces – 1 (depends on the sour taste of mango)
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2-3 nos
- Curry leaves – a few
- Coconut oil
- Grind coconut, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt nicely into a creamy paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, green chili, ginger and curry leaves, fry till onion turns golden brown.
- Pour the blended mixture, fresh curry leaves into this pan, mix well add enough water and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Add mango pieces followed by fish. (Fish should immerse in the gravy – should have enough water) occasionally, give the pan a stir by holding both the sides of the pan with your hand. Cover and cook.
- The fish is cooked when the gravy is reduced, thick and the mangoes soft.
- Remove from the flame.
Serve hot with rice!!