- Mackerel medium size – 5
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp ( may add more depends on taste )
- Cumin( jeera ) – 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 6
- Ginger chopped – 1” piece
- Tamarind – 1 small piece
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 small piece
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tbspoon )
- salt to taste
Rechado masala – Take all the spices red chilli, jeera, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar, salt and the pulp of tamarind and grind into a smooth paste using a grinder.
- Clean mackerel, use a scissor and cut of the head, Use a sharp knife and cut slit into the sides of the mackerels.
- Stuff the Rechado masala into the mackerel sides ( you may use a spoon to stuff)
- Apply the remaining of the masala over the mackerel, keep for half an hour.
- Add oil to a pan, let it heat for about a minute. Then add the fish and fry till it turns brownish. Flip the fish and let it cook.
Serve with rice / roti.