To marinate ( 1 – 4 ingredients )
- jumbo prawns deveined and cleaned – 200gms
- Lemon – ½
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chili powder – ½
- Onions chopped – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato puree – 1 tomato
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Curd – ½ cup
- Coconut milk ( thick ) – ½ cup
- Oil – 3-4 tbspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate prawn with lemon juice, salt, chilli powder ( 2-4 ingredients ) . Keep aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, spread marinated prawns and shallow fry, flip once to cook both the sides. Keep aside in another bowl.
- In the same pan, take 2 Tbsp oil and add cumin seeds, to sputter, add chopped onions and saute until onions turn brown. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree , cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes, until mixture thickens
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt mix well
- Add curd and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add cooked prawns, garam masala, cook for 5 minutes. Until oil comes out.
- Finally add thick coconut milk. Serve with rice or fresh made naan.