To marinate chicken
- Chicken cut into small pieces -500g
- Chili powder – 1 tsp ( depends on taste add more / less )
- Soy sauce – 1tbspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tbspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 tbspoon
- Oil – 1 tbspoon
- Corn flour – 3 tb spoon
For the thick gravy
- Onion cubed – 3 large
- Tomato cubed – 2 large
- Garlic split – 5-6 nos
- Green chilly split – 4-5 nos
- Capsicum ( red/ yellow/ green ) – 1-2 big
- Coriander leaf chopped – 1 tbspoon
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1tbspoon
Instructions – to prepare chicken
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in a mixture of 1 chili powder, 1 tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, garlic paste and oil. Keep in the fridge for 1- 2 hours.
- Add corn flour and salt, mix well to coat, keep for half an hour.
- Heat oil and shallow fry or deep fry the chicken and drain off on the kitchen tissue. It can also be grilled in a preheated oven at 240 C for 20 to 25 minutes. I used air fryer to fry the chicken.
Instructions – to prepare the dish
- Mix soy sauce, chili powder, tomato sauce into a paste.
- Heat a Tablespoon of oil in a pan, add cubed onion, split garlic and green chilly fry for a few minutes.
- Add capsicum fry again for a minute
- Add fried chicken, tomato, and the masala paste (soy sauce, chili powder, tomato sauce – instruction), mix well add salt to adjust the taste. Cover and cook for 5 – 10 minutes. Off the fire
- Add honey, mix well, garnish with coriander leaves.