- Mutton – 500gms- cut into small pieces
- Potato – 200gms ( 2large) – cut into small pieces
- Carrot- 100 gms ( 1large )- cut into small pieces
- Onion – 250 gms ( 3 large ) chopped
- Green chili – 6 nos split
- Curry leaves – a few
- Black pepper – 7-8 nos crushed
- Cardamom – 4 crushed
- Ginger – 2” piece finely chopped
- Coconut oil – 1 tb spoon
- coconut milk powder – 3 Tb spoon dissolved in 100 ml warm water.
- salt – to taste.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pressure cooker, add chopped onion, ginger, green chili, and curry leaves with some salt and sauté for 2 minutes, until the onion becomes soft.
- Add mutton, pepper and cardamom powder. Pressure cook for 2 whistles in slow – medium flame.
- Open the cooker after 15 minutes (once the pressure inside the cooker is normal), add potato, carrot and salt. Stir to combine. Pressure cook for 1 more whistle in medium flame, until vegetables are tender. Off the fire.
- Open the cooker once it is cold, keep on the fire, let it boil, add coconut milk, wait for one more boil and stop the fire.
- Adjust the taste of salt – add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl, serve hot with Idiyappam, appam, roti or with rice.