- Potatoes cubed – 3
- Carrot cubed – 2
- Broccoli cut into pieces – 1 small
- Almond flakes – 2 tbspoon ( optional – you may add cashew nuts also )
- Raisins – 2 tb spoon ( optional )
- Onion finely chopped – 2
- Spring onions chopped– 1 tbsp ( optional )
- Green chilly finely chopped – 2 tsp ( depends on taste )
- Curry leaves finely chopped – 1 tsp ( optional )
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbspoon
- Ginger, garlic – 2 tbspoon.
- Mustard -1/2 tsp ( optional)
- Cumin – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Maida – ½ cup
- Ajwain – ½ tsp (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbspoon
- Bread crumps- 1 cup
- Oil to fry
- Boil potato and carrot with little salt and 1tbspoon water in a cooker for 1 whistle, drain and keep aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds to splutter, add chopped onion, chopped green chili and chopped curry leaves. Stir well for 5-10 minutes until onions become soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, stir for 5 minutes on slow flame, add spring onion, broccoli, saute for 2 more minutes. Add potato carrot mixture, mix well, and adjust the taste of salt. Keep on the fire for 5 more minutes to make it dry and off the fire.
- Add almond flakes, raisins, chopped coriander leaves to this mixture smash with the spatula and mix well.
- Mix maida, salt and ajwain in a bowl, add water to make a loose paste.
- Spread bread crumbs on a paper/ plate
- Take portion of the cutlet mixture, shape into a ball, and dip in the maida paste, roll in bread crumps. Press lightly.
- With the entire mixture make cutlets and keep them on a plate.
- In a flat bottom pan pour oil and in batches, shallow fry the cutlets till both sides are evenly golden.
- Serve with coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Note – you may use any combination of vegetables you like to prepare the cutlet – beans, peas, beets instead of 2 – 5 ingredients.