- Paneer cubes – 200gms ( I Used Amul paneer )
- Butter – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp ( you may use butter instead of oil )
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp ( as per taste)
- Onion chopped – 1 large
- Tomato chopped – 1 medium
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek leaves – fresh – I tbsp. ( or Kasuri methi – ½ tsp )
- Cashew nuts – 5-6 nos
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves ( finely chopped ) and cream ( optional ) to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onion, until it turns soft and slight brown. Add cashew nuts & fenugreek leaves fry for 3-4 minutes, add chopped tomato again fry until tomato become soft.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder to fried ingredients, fry for a minute, off the fire, add garam masala powder, tomato ketchup & salt. Mix them well, let it cool. Grind into a smooth paste by adding enough water.
- Add the paste into the pan, add 1 cup water, and make a loose gravy, keep on the fire.
- Once the gravy starts to boil, add paneer cubes, put the lid and cook on low flame for 5 – 10 minutes – until paneer become soft and gravy thickens. Add milk, with one more boil, off the fire. Add butter on the top, garnish with coriander leaves & cream. Serve hot with chapathi, phulka or nan.