- Chick pea ( chana ) – 1.5 cups ( soak chana 12- 15 hours in water)
- Onion thinly sliced – 2 medium
- Tomato thin slices – 1 large
- Garlic – 6-7 nos
- Ginger – 1/2”piece
- Cumin (Jeera) – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Chana masala – 2 tsp
- Chili powder – ½ tsp ( you may add more depends on taste )
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbspoon
- Green chili – 1-2
- Dry mango powder(Amchur powder) – ¼ tsp ( optional )
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as needed
- Wash chickpeas thoroughly and soak overnight.
- Pressure cook with turmeric powder and water. Level of water should be above chick peas. Cook until soft / for 1 to 2 whistles under slow flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté till onions turn golden.
- Sauté ginger garlic as well.
- Sauté chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt. Make sure tomatoes turn soft and the raw smell has gone. Add cumin(jeera) and fry
- Add coriander powder, chili powder and chana masala powder, sauté for 1- 2 minutes. Once cooled, blend to a smooth paste.
- Add the blended paste to the pan with enough water, salt and tomato sauce. Let it boil.
- Add the cooked chickpeas, simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add green chili and amchur powder. Stir and switch off. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.