- Dill chopped – 2 bunches
- green chilies finely chopped – 3
- onion chopped – 1 medium
- Lentil (Dal) soaked in water – 3 tablespoons
- Potato boiled & cubed – 1 large
- 1 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Garlic chopped – 3 cloves
- Sort each bunch of Dill leaving the thicker stems aside, picking the tasty leaves and delicate stalks, wash well and coarsely chop the collected leaves and stalks, and put them in a bowl.
- Boil dal for 10 minutes.
- Boil potato, remove skin & cut into small cubes
- Pour some oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add chopped onion, chilies and garlic and fry until the garlic starts to brown.
- Drain the chopped dill and add it to the frying pan. The quantity of dill might appear huge in the frying pan but it will shrink down to a very small portion as it cooks
- Add cooked dal, potato & salt.
- Stir the pan to mix the contents evenly, cover with a lid to cook it on medium flame for 10 minutes. Keep stirring and make sure the dill does not dry out, and potato does not become squishy. Keep cooking until the dill is soft, moist but not wet.
- Serve with roti.