- Onion finely chopped – 1 large
- Green peas soaked overnight – 1 ½ cup
- Tomato chopped – 1 medium
- Garlic split – 3-4
- Ginger finely chopped – 1” piece
- Curry leaves – a few
- Green chilly split – 4-5
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Meat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup ( or dissolve 2 tsp spoon coconut milk powder in ¼ cup warm water )
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry until onions become soft.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chili, curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes
- Add tomato, green peas, garam masala, meat masala, turmeric powder and mix very well.
- Add water above the level of green peas and pressure cook for 1 whistle and off the fire
- Open the lid, once pressure has gone completely.
- Add salt, add water if required. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Once the gravy is of required consistency add coconut milk, let it boil once, turn off the fire.
- You may garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapathi, bread, appam.