Bhindi Sabji – vendakka mezhukkupuratti
- Cumin ( Jeera) – ¼ tsp
- Onion chopped – 1 large
- Curry leaves –a few
- Tomato chopped – 1 medium
- Lady’s finger ( bhindi ) cut into circular pieces – 250 gms
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Dried mango powder ( amchur ) – ½ tsp ( optional)
- Roasted and coarsely crushed peanuts – ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbspoon
- Coriander leaves chopped ( optional) – to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seed to sputter.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves, fry until onion turns slight brown.
- Add chopped tomato, salt fry for a few minutes until tomatoes become soft.
- Add the ladies finger, chili powder, turmeric powder and amchur (optional) mix well and cook on a medium flame, without lid for 10-15 minutes or till the ladies finger are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Once the dish is almost dry, add the crushed peanuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 -3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander, Serve hot with rice / roti.