- Pumpkin cut into small pieces – 250 gms
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Green chili split – 2 – 3 ( depends on taste )
- Garlic crushed – 2 -3
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Jaggery – 1 small piece
- Grated coconut – 1tbspoon
- Curry leaves / coriander leaves ( optional )
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and mustard to sputter.
- Add split green chili and crushed garlic, curry leaves, fry for a few seconds and add pumpkin pieces.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and jaggery, mix well, and sprinkle some water.
- Cover and cook on low flame till pumpkin cooked well. Open the lid, add grated coconut, mix gently, adjust the taste of salt, and keep on low flame to make the Sabji dry.
- Serve hot with chapatti/ nan.