- Tapioca (Kappa),peeled, cleaned and cubed- 800 gms
- Onion chopped of – 2 medium ( you may use shallots for better taste )
- Garlic chopped – 4-5 cloves
- Green chilly chopped – 4-5
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 or 2 sprigs
- Salt-to taste
- oil-as required
- dry red chilly ( optional)
- In a large pan, boil enough water to immerse tapioca pieces, add tapioca, turmeric powder and salt. Cook until it is soft, drain off the water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter, ( you may add pieces of red chilly also ) add chopped onions and fry till brown, add chopped garlic, green chilly and curry leaves fry again .
- Add the cooked tapioca and mix well until combined, add more salt water if required ( if you add salt directly- it will become difficult to mix salt uniformly at this stage ) Mash it gently, if desired.( If you feel it is a bit dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water and mix well).