- Potato wash and cut into thin slices – 2 large
- Gram flour ( Besan ) – ½ cup
- Rice flour – ¼ cup
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida powder ( Hing ) – ¼ tsp
- Cumin crushed – ¼ tsp
- Ajwain crushed – ¼ tsp ( optional)
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix 2- 8 ingredients, slowly add water to make a thick batter. The batter should easily coat the potato.( should not be very thin nor thick)
- Heat oil in a pan
- Dip potato slices in the batter, drop carefully in the hot oil one by one. Fry them both sides until golden brown.
Drain in paper towels. Serve hot with tomato sauce or with any chutney.