- Cooked Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Boiled Eggs ( cut long) – 4
- Onion chopped – 1 large
- Tomatoes chopped – 1
- Garlic chopped – 4
- Ginger chopped – a small piece
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp ( cumin, cardamom, cloves, pepper )
- Yoghurt ( curd ) – 2 tablespoon
- Kewra essence – ½ tsp
- Few coriander leaves, chopped / spring onions chopped ( for garnishing)
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan, add onions and fry till golden brown, add chopped ginger, garlic and tomato and enough salt fry till oil comes out.
- Add yoghurt fry again for a few minutes.
- Add boiled rice to this mixture, mix well, adjust the taste of salt, add kewra essence.
- Add egg pieces, turn the rice with the spatula over the egg ( but not to mix well to break the egg pieces. ). keep it on low fire for a few more minutes until the rice and egg absorb all the aroma and taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves ( I used spring onion )