- Maize flour – 1 cup
- Maida /plain flour – 1/4 cup
- Coarsely ground cumin – 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Coarsely ground ajwain – 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- salt – to taste ( 1/2 – 3/4 tsp)
water to knead the dough
- Mix chopped spring onion, chopped Jalapeno, chopped tomato with grated cheese. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, combine maize flour, maida, salt, cumin and ajwain powder. Add water little by little and knead it into a fine dough.
- Divide the dough in eight equal parts. flatten each with the help of a rolling pin.
- With the help of a knife cut into pie shapes. Prick them with a fork to avoid fluffing up in oil.
- Carefully and drop them into hot oil, and fry till golden colour.
- Drain them on a tissue paper.
- Once they are nicely fried, serve these yellow golden color crisps with your favorite dips.
serve with decorating mixture on the top – microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.