- Beet roots cut into small cubes – 1 big
- Carrot cut into small cubes – 1 big
- Potato cut into cubes – 1big
- Onion chopped- 1 big
- Turmeric powder- a pinch
- chili powder – 1/4 tsp ( you may add more – depends on your taste)
- coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp ( or grind cardamom, cloves, pepper, cinnamon)
- Ginger chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili split – 2
- dry red chilly cut into pieces – 1 (optional)
- curry leaves – a few
- mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp ( optional)
- oil – 1 – 2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- water – 1 cup
- coconut milk thick- 1/2 cup
- In a non stick pressure cooker heat oil, add mustard and urad dal, let them sputter. add red chilly pieces to this and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly and curry leaves and fry for a few minutes.
- Add all the cubed vegetables ( you may add green peas also with the vegetable ) salt and all the powdered ingredients ( 5-8), mix well, add 1 cup of water. Pressure cook on medium flame till one whistle. Off the fire.
- Once the pressure settled completely, open the cooker, keep on slow flame, adjust the taste of salt, add coconut milk, with one boil, off the fire.
serve hot with roti/ chapathi.