- Basmati rice / jeera rice – 1 cup
- Dill chopped – I bunch
- Onion chopped – 1 small
- Garlic crushed – 3 nos
- Sesame seeds – ½ tsp
- Toor dal ( lentil) soaked – 2 tb sp
- Pepper crushed – 6-7 nos
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Salt – to taste
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tbspoon
- Soak rice in water for half an hour, In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot boil 5 cups of water, add rice, salt and ½ tsp olive oil. Cook the rice, drain off the water. Spread it to cool. Or
You can cook rice with 2 cups of water, salt and 1 tb spoon oil. Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cover. Cook at a gentle simmer until the water is completely absorbed and the rice is tender, it’s okay to lift the lid to make sure the rice is fully cooked and the water is absorbed. Fluff the rice gently.
- Boil toor dal for 5 minutes in water. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large pan under low heat, add in 1 tb spoon olive, put sesame seeds, fry for a minute, add chopped onion, fry for 5 minutes, add crushed garlic fry for a minute, add salt and boiled toor dal fry for a few minutes, add chopped dill and fry for 10 minutes, until dill leaves are cooked.
- Add rice and mix well. Squeeze the lemon juice on top and mix. Ready to serve.