An Indian starter made from cottage cheese (paneer) cubes marinated with yogurt, cream, and spices, then grilled or baked.
- Paneer – 500 gms ( cut into thin rectangles – depends on the skewer )
- Capsicum cubed – 1 large
- Onion cubed – 1 large
- Tomato cubed – 2 large ( remove the soft inside )
- Cream – 1 cup
- Curd – 4tb sp
- Cashew nut powder – 10-12 nuts
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly chopped – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom – 5
- Black pepper – 10-12
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tbsp
- Roasted basan – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Sugar / honey – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Grind 5- 16 ingredients together
- Marinate the paneer pieces with this marinade and keep aside in the fridge for an hour .
- You may marinate the vegetables also with this marinade and keep them separate in the fridge. ( you can grill the vegetables without marinate also – this will give a nice contrasting colour for your grill )
- Skewer 4 pieces of paneer alternate with capsicum, onion and tomato.
- Cook in a barbecue or on a grill or even on a tawa by rotating the skewer in between, till paneer gets golden spots.