This is my personal Chicken Shami Kabab Recipe. These kababs are a delicious combination of minced meat, gram flour and spices. It is a perfect evening snack or a side dish. You can also use this as a burger. Instead of chicken you may use mutton or other meat also to make these kababs.
- Minced chicken – 500gms ( squeeze and drain the water completely)
- Nicely chopped onions – 1 cup
- Green chili – 5-6 ( may add more/ less)
- Garlic – 6-7
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Gram flour ( chick pea flour) – 3 table spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 tsp
- Crush green chili, garlic and cumin.
- Mix the crushed ingredients with minced chicken, add onion, turmeric powder, gram flour, salt, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Shape the dough into small round flattened balls or kababs.
- Either deep fry them in hot oil or pan fry in greased pan.
- Serve hot with sauce or mint chutney. You can also freeze these kebabs before frying for 2-3 weeks in a plastic box. Layer kebab then lay cling film, repeat layering and place in freezer. When you want take it out and fry.