It is a delicious recipe modified from the mangalorean Cuisine. It goes well with roti / rice or even as a snack.
- Mutton – 1 kg
- Shallots split – ½ kg ( you may use chopped onion even)
- Dry Kashmiri red chili ( broken) – 20 nos ( you may add less/ more)
- Garlic crushed slightly – 15 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee – 3tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curry leaves – a few ( optional )Instructions
- Heat ghee in a pan, add shallots fry for a few seconds, add crushed garlic and red chili, again fry for 5 -10 minutes till shallots become tender.
- Add turmeric powder, enough salt, curry leaves and mutton. Mix well, cover with a lid, cook under medium to low flame till mutton is done. Stir occasionally to make sure that it does not stick to the bottom. If you need you may sprinkle some water. Adjust the taste of salt. It will take approximately 1 and ½ hour to cook. Serve hot.
Even the red chili pieces in this roast is tasty, not very hot.