- fenugreek leaves-chopped fine – 2 cups
- gram flour – 1/2 cup
- wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- asafetida – 1/4 tsp
- cumin crushed – ½ tsp
- chili powder = ¼ tsp ( according to taste )
- chopped green chilies – 1 0r 2
- ginger paste – 1 tsp
- garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Amchur powder – ¼ tsp (optional )
- chopped coriander leaves – 1 Tbsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 2 tsp
- ghee – 1-2 tbspoon
- Soak fenugreek leaves in the water for 10-15 minutes, wash well, squeeze out the water and chop
- In a bowl, knead all the ingredients ( 1-14 – except ghee), together by slowly adding water (methi starts to leave its water and dough will be loose and sticky)
- cook like a normal paratha, apply ghee on both the sides.
Note ( if you do not know to make chapathi )
- Divide into 10 equal portions, roll each one on a chapathi board using a rolling pin to a circle.
- Heat chapathi tava on medium heat, place the rolled paratha on it.
- Wait for few seconds, you will notice few tiny bubbles on the surface. Apply some ghee, flip the paratha. Cook other side for few seconds. Apply ghee on that side also.