Kovakkai Thoran ( Tindli sabji)
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Cumin ( Jeera) -1/4 tsp
- Onion chopped – 1 tbspoon
- Tamarind – 1 small piece -1/2 inch
- Ginger chopped – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves –a few
- Kovakka cut vertically into 4pieces – 200 gms
- onion chopped – 1 tbspoon
- curry leaves – a few
- mustard – ¼ tsp
- oil – 2 tsp
- chili powder – ½ tsp
- turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- salt – to taste
- Crush 1- 6 ingredients in a mixer and keep aside.
- Fry oil in a pan, splutter mustard, add chopped onions and curry leaves fry for a few minutes
- Add Kovakka pieces to the pan, add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and fry for a minute. Add 2- 3 tbspoon of water, cover and cook in low flame, Let the veggies cook with steam. If water dries out, add some more water and continue cooking till kovakka pieces are cooked and no water remains.
- Add crushed ingredient to it, mix well, adjust salt, put everything together, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes so the pieces will get the flavor of all the ingredients. Then remove the lid, stir, cook on low flame until it is completely dry.
Serve with roti/ rice.