- Ripe mango – 3 nos
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Green chili split – 3-4
- Curry leaves – a few
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Jaggery – a small piece
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Dry red chili – 2 – cut into pieces
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Peel mango, cut the flesh only on both the fleshy side of mango completely, dice it. keep the mango seed with the thin flesh as such into the curry. As shown in the photo.
- In a heavy bottom pan add all the mango pieces, including the mango seed, add chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, green chili, some curry leaves and enough water – cover & cook on medium flame for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Grind grated coconut with cumin seeds and some water into a very smooth, fine paste. Keep aside.
- Beat curd also in a grinder, keep aside.
- Once the mango is cooked, keep the fire low, add coconut paste, simmer for some time, stirring occasionally.
- Add beaten curd, adjust the salt, add a small piece of jiggery ( it is optional, if the mango is very sweet) mix well, with one boil, off the fire.
- For garnishing – heat coconut oil in a pan, Splutter mustard, fenugreek , red chili, & curry leaves, add to the curry. Cover with a lid.
- Serve with rice.
Tips- squeeze the mango seed with your hand,to get the thick gravy while you are having it with rice. Or you may lick it.